Thursday, November 25, 2010

REAL TALK.




REAL TALK.

Today I decided to begin something I have thought about called
REAL TALK. I often enjoy getting lost in various spaces. Which often leads me to chatting it up with complete strangers. I enjoy the idea of sharing a intimate moment through the power of conversation with someone you might never see again. Perhaps we can call it a conversational one night stand? Regardless of what it's called I have collected many of these moments in mind. I often enjoy cab drivers for this mostly due to the fact that they resemble cats by having lived so many lives.
I perused through an old journal (May 2007 to be exact). I found a submission I had put
from one day when I was waiting at the bus.
"A woman came up to me last night, she asked me if Jesus was in my life. I was used to hearing this question from religious fanatics. Being a self-proclaimed agnostic I was already equipped with a polite response to her question and to also to end the possibility of being sucked into her ranting. As I was about to respond with my stock response I looked into the woman's eyes, I know it is a bit corny but it's true. When I looked into her eyes I began to realize her devotion. I began to think of some questions I could ask her to entertain my curiosity.

Question 1: How did you experience religion? Were you always religious?
At the age of 41 she realized that she had been lacking a lot in her personal life, a religious spirit and a healthy relationship were just two things to start with. She shared her then boyfriend with his wife. He always promised her that one day he would leave her but he never did. One night, like so many before she was out on the prowl seeking revenge to get back at her cheating boyfriend. On the way to the bar she ran into a woman who was doing exactly what she was doing with me; spreading the gift of God. The woman's words found a place deep inside her where even she forgot existed. Rather than going to the bar that night and cheat on her boyfriend she made the decision of going to church with this complete stranger.
Twenty six years have past and her faith has grown stronger. Through the years
she was able to repent for her sins and helps those who are lost like she once was.

Question 2:Do you believe that science can replace religion?
Look at a light post, even though the technology is enticing, nothing can beat the beauties created by God. Look at the stars, they cease to reaffirm my faith, they are too beautiful to just exist. They are matter which means they have been created by a supreme being.

After our nice little convo, I hopped on the bus and made my way halfway across the city to hang out at a friend of a friends house. She gave me some food for thought.
-------------

I was chatting it up with one of the kids I work with. We were talking about reality television emulating life. One of the other kids asked what would the equivalent of a commercial be in real life. He responded the moments in life when you have nothing to do. So before you return to the main programming allow me to entertain you during the commercial break with one more piece from one of my old journals (Jan 4th 2008 to be exact)
Untitled

I want to love but don't want to hurt.
I want to laugh and never have to cry.
I want it all but truly lack the patience.
I want the stars in the sky with
a slice of pie.
I know what I want
and have yet to realize
exactly what I need.

No comments: